HENDRY COUNTY — Hendry County Waste Management in Conjunction with the City of LaBelle and the city of Clewiston, will host a week long waste amnesty for Hendry County residents.
Residents will be asked to provide a valid driver’s license to prove they reside in Hendry County.
No commercial waste will be accepted.
Households are restricted to two loads or 2 tons of waste.
Accepted waste will include:
• Yard waste excluding single branch or limb larger than 4 ft. long and 4 in. in diameter;
• Construction debris such as lumber, shingles, drywall, glass, tiles, wire, etc.;
• White goods such as washers, stoves, water heaters, etc.;
• Furniture such as sofas, mattresses, chairs, etc.;
• tires: tires without rims(limited to 1-4 tires).
The Clewiston Transfer Station, 1350 Olympia Ave., will be open Monday - Friday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Saturday from 7 a.m. to noon.
The LaBelle Transfer Station, 1280 Forestry Division Road, will be open Monday - Friday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Saturday from 7 a.m. to noon.