HENDRY COUNTY – The following individuals were arrested on felony or driving under the influence (DUI) charges by the Hendry County Sheriff’s Office (HCSO), the Clewiston City Police Department (CPD), the Florida Highway Patrol (FHP), the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC), the Department of Corrections (DOC) during the period from August 20 to September 2.
• Charles Richard Hendry, 43, Newberry, was arrested on Aug. 20, 2021 by D/S K. Rosado on charges of reckless driving, resisting officer without violence, flee & eluding.
• Juan Castro, 42, Clewiston, was arrested on Aug. 30 by D/S O. Gonzalez on charges of resisting officer with violence, battery on law enforcement officer, possession of controlled substance without prescription, possession of drug equipment and destruction of evidence.
• Jarren Jamell Beasley, 24, Clewiston, was arrested on Aug. 31, by Hendry County Vice Narcotics Unit on charges of possession of marijuana with intent to sell and possession of marijuana over 20 grams.
• Carrie April Battuso, 40, LaBelle, was arrested on Aug. 31, 2021 by Cpl. G. Hull on charges of grand theft auto and driving while license suspended/revoked.
• A 16 year-old, male – was arrested on Sept. 1, 2021 by Detective L. Whelpley on charges of burglary, grand theft of motor vehicle and petit theft.
• Rodney Esquivel, 28, LaBelle, was arrested on Sept. 2, 2021 by D/S M. Afonso on charges of possession of controlled substance without prescription.
This column lists arrests and not convictions, unless otherwise stated. Anyone listed here who is later found innocent or has had the charges against them dropped is welcome to inform this newspaper. The information will be confirmed and printed.