MOORE HAVEN – Plans for a joint meeting between Glades County and Hendry County and the hiring of a full-time deputy county manager, will be on the agenda when the Glades County Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) meets Tuesday, Jan. 12 at 9 a.m. in the Second Floor BOCC Room, 500 Avenue J SW.
Also on the agenda, commissioners will discuss:
• Budgeting for the Glades County Tax Collector;
• Commercial banking agreements;
• The Federal Equitable Sharing Fund (Department of Justice) request;
• Use of the local Law Enforcement Trust Fund;
• SHIP program policies and procedures for rehabilitation and emergency strategies;
• Encumbrance requests;
• Requests to name private roads;
• County Road 721;
• A lien relief application; and,
• Street lights for Palmdale.
In other business, public hearings will be held on:
• Proposed large scale plan text to the Future Land Use Element of the Glades County Comprehensive Plan;
• Update of the Capital Improvements Element of the Comprehensive Plan to incorporate an updated Capital Improvements Program, a Transportation Improvement Plan, and the Glades County School District 5-Year District Facilities Work Program; and,
• An ordinance amending the Glades County Code of Ordinances for commercial, industrial and institutional development site plan review.