Senior Citizens with a limited household income of $35,167 are eligible to receive an additional Homestead Property Tax Exemption. Many of you already enjoy this tax savings benefit. However, some have been denied in past years because their income exceeded the limit. Please be aware that the income limit changes from year to year because it is based on the average cost-of-living index. I encourage you to call, so that we can assist in determining if you are eligible.
Automatic exemption renewal cards have been sent to you
If you had a property tax exemption or agricultural land classification in 2022, you will receive at least one of the four renewal cards listed below:
• The WHITE card is for Homestead Exemption and other related exemptions such as widow, widower, disability, veteran, and senior citizen.
• The GREEN card is for Agricultural Land Classification.
• The YELLOW card is for property that is being used for tax exempt purposes.
• The BLUE card is for Tangible Personal Property valued no more than $25,000.
○ As long as the Tangible Personal Property remains at $25,000 or less, you are not required to file a Tangible Personal Property Return, form (DR405).
○ If your value exceeds $25,000, you will receive a Tangible Personal Property Tax Return that must be completed and returned.
If you are still eligible for the exemption, do not return the card.
New property owners must complete new applications.
Thank you for allowing us to work for you!
Lorie Ward, C.F.A.
Glades County Property Appraiser
500 Ave. J, Room 202, 2nd Floor, Courthouse, Moore Haven