The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is notifying the public, marinas, commercial and recreational vessels that St. Lucie Lock will be closed for maintenance Jan. 2, 2022 to March 31, 2022. This will be the first total closure in 10 years.
Maintenance is necessary to repair aging and damaged infrastructure in addition to improving public and vessel safety. Repairs will require the lock chamber to be dewatered for crews to perform inspections, replace corroded steel structures, paint, install new gate seals, and repair Manatee Protection System components. During the closure, barges, floating cranes and divers will be working in the lock entrance requiring vessel operators in the area to use minimal speed and caution for safety.
For up-to-date Lock information contact the shift operator 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. at:
• St. Lucie Lock & Dam 772-287-2665 or 863-662-9148;
• Port Mayaca Lock & Dam 561-924-2858 or 863-662-9424;
• Moore Haven Lock & Dam 863-946-0414 or 863-662-9533;
• Ortona Lock & Dam 863-675-0616 or 863- 662-9846;
• WP Franklin Lock & Dam 239-694-5451 or 863-662-9908;
• Canaveral Lock 321-783-5421 or 863-662-0298 (6 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.)
To view the notice, click on this link: https://www.saj.usace.army.mil/Missions/Civil-Works/Navigation/Notices-to-Navigation/Notice-to-Navigation-2021-021-Okeechobee-Waterway-St-Lucie-Lock-Extended-Closure-for-Maintenance/