• The polling place at the Big Cypress Reservation has been moved to John Boy Auditorium in Clewiston. All polling places will be open tomorrow, Tuesday, March 17 for the Presidential Primary, there will be antibacterial wipes and lotion on hand.
• All restaurants in LaBelle are open and most have removed condiments off the tables and are following strict guidelines on wiping down tables and chairs. Take-out is also offered.
• Hendry County is cancelling all large events until further notice. There is concern for the liability in light of the COVID-19 outbreak for hosting the event and safety of students and employees. The annual Earth week field trips and Saturday Earth Day are cancelled this year. Stay safe and healthy. Thank you all. We can start planning for 2021.
• PASSPORT APPLICATIONS - The Hendry County Clerk’s Office will not be accepting passport applications from March 18 through March 27, 2020 due to the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) situation. The U. S. Department of State is not closing all of their facilities but is allowing individual passport acceptance facilities to make this decision. Please see our website at: www.hendryclerk.org for updates.
The Sunday, March 22 American Legion Auxiliary Breakfast Buffet Canceled
The Monday, March 23 LaBelle Garden Club has been canceled.
• 2020 Social Celebration Postponed - The Hendry Regional Medical Center Foundation Board of Directors has decided to POSTPONE the 2020 Social Celebration which was scheduled to take place on March 28 at Hilliard Brothers property. The decision was made in abundance of caution and to mitigate the risk of exposure of COVID19 and is in accordance with the guidelines suggested by the CDC and Florida Governor Ron DeSantis. The HRMC Foundation appreciates your loyalty and support and we thank you for your patience as we work through the details of this unprecedented situation. If you have questions or concerns please contact the Foundation at 863-983-2735.
• Based on the most recent guidance from the State of Florida regarding public gatherings, Hendry County is rescheduling the code enforcement Special Magistrate hearings originally scheduled for March 19, 2020 and April 16, 2020. Notices will be mailed and posted once the new hearing dates are scheduled. Residents with questions can call 863-612-4761 or email email@example.com.