CLEWISTON — The Hendry County Health Department in Clewiston located at 1100 S. Olympia St., will be providing COVID-19 Vaccinations by appointment and limited walk-ins on Thursday, March 18 from 8:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. (Moderna Vaccine).
Please use the website to pre-register for appointments at: https://my vaccine.fl.gov/ or call 866-201-6745.
• Do not bring pets (only service animals are allowed)
• You will be required to fill out local health department paperwork on site.
• You will be notified about your second dose before exiting.
The Health Department will follow the Governor’s Executive Order which expands COVID-19 vaccination in Florida to include the following: (With Proper ID)
• Long-term care facility residents and staff;
• Persons 60 years of age and older;
• Health care personnel with direct patient contact;
• K-12 school employees 50 years of age and older;
• Sworn law enforcement officers 50 years of age and older; and
• Firefighters 50 years of age and older.
• The Health Department may now vaccinate the vulnerable individuals under the age of 65, however individuals must have the official Department of Health form signed by a physician which deems them high-risk.
The Health Department will also follow the State Surgeon General’s Public Health Advisory, which requires every vaccine recipient to be a resident of Florida or is a frontline healthcare worker providing services in Florida.
Florida Residency Requirements:
• Valid Florida Driver License or Florida Identification Card
Two of the following items:
• A deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, mortgage payment booklet or residential rental or lease agreement. (Copies of deeds can be found on the County Property Appraiser website)
• A utility bill or utility connection/work order that is not more than 2 months old.
• Mail from a bank or other financial institution, including checking, savings, or investment account statements, that is not more than 2 months old.
• Mail from a government agency that is not more than 2 months old. (Mail from a government agency can include tax bills showing a Florida address. Tax bills can be found on the County Property Appraiser website).