LABELLE — Glades County Sheriffs Office has been conducting a narcotic investigation in the Muse Community. This investigation was an effort between the Criminal Investigations and Uniform Patrol Divisions which concluded with a search warrant being executed on May 21, at 1310 Summerall Road. The Criminal Investigations Division had been purchasing narcotics from the resident, Rodney Hernandez, 53.
After making numerous narcotic purchases, a search warrant was issued and executed by GCSO personnel. Additional evidence was obtained through the search and Hernandez was subsequently arrested and charged accordingly.
• Operating a drug house (three counts)
Hernandez is being held at the Glades County Jail on the following charges:
• Possession of a synthetic narcotic within 1,000 ft. of a specified area (three counts)
• Sale of a synthetic narcotic within 1,000 ft. of a specified area (three counts)
A bond of $225,000 was set by the judge.
• Possession of drug paraphernalia
On May 22, Hernandez was charged with the following charges, based upon the evidence located during the execution of the search warrant:
• Possession of methamphetamine within 1,000 ft. of a specified area
• Child neglect
• Possession of marijuana under 20 grams
Hernandez is being held without bond pending his first appearance hearing.
A total of 32 firearms were also taken from the residence, one of which was reported stolen in Hendry County.