Due to the recommendations of practicing social distancing with the goal of limiting potential exposure to the coronavirus (COVID-19) and to help prevent the spread of this virus, the following local events have been canceled/rescheduled:
• Relay for Life- LaBelle: In an abundance of caution, we will be rescheduling the Relay For Life of LaBelle that was to occur on March 28th, 2020 to June 6th, 2020. We look forward to seeing everyone at the event in June and will continue to keep everyone updated in the event of any additional changes.
• The Firehouse Community Theatre’s production of ‘Til Beth do Us Part: We apologize for the inconvenience and hope all of our theatre family stays safe and healthy.
• THE N0. 5 RAF TRAINING SCHOOL AT RIDDLE FIELD IN CLEWISTON: The presentation at Glades County Public Library with regard to the No 5 RAF Training School at Riddle Field in Clewiston has been canceled as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak. Hopefully it will be rescheduled at some point in the future.
• March 21 Glades Electric Coop annual meeting
• March 21 Ortona Community Association Spaghetti Dinner
• In an abundance of caution, Florida SouthWestern State College will be suspending face to face classes effective Monday, March 16th through Sunday, March 22nd. During this time, faculty and staff will be making plans to move toward an online learning environment. Details and further information will be provided throughout the week. Updates can be found at www.fsw.edu/alert/corona
Exercise for Seniors: This exercise class taught by Mary Bartoshuk and sponsored by the Parkinson’s Support Group, usually held Thursday’s at 9 a.m. Has been canceled. For more information, call 863-342-8013 or contact Hope Connections.
• Good Shepherd Episcopal Church Spaghetti and meatballs dinner: Notice will be given of the new date. For more information please call Mary at 863-517-0356
• LaBelle Fossil Camp’s Sunday Sails and Paleo-to-Go Programs- until further notice. For more information visit our website: https://fossilcamp.wordpress.com/ on Instagram: @LabelleFossilCamp call/text 239-284-2708 Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Aqua Isles has canceled All activities & food gatherings thru end of season -March/April
• Whisper Creek RV Resort has canceled all events until the end of March and all Common areas in the resort are closed.
• Oak Grove RV Resort is taking it one day at a time and making decisions on events. For more information you can call 863-674-0755.
• The Area Agency on Aging is postponing health and wellness workshops and Medicare presentations through the end of March. At the end of March, we will re-evaluate the situation and work to re-schedule events if it is prudent at that time.
SHINE Medicare Counseling sessions (one-on-one and phone counseling) will continue.
• Due to the Coronavirus Commander Bill Davis of the American Legion has canceled the regularly scheduled lunches until further notice.
• Walmart has changed their hours: Starting March 15, Walmart stores and Neighborhood Markets will be open 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. until further notice. This will help ensure associates can clean and stock products. Stores operating under more reduced hours will keep current hours of operation. More info: https://bit.ly/3aSUBnl
• Beginning Monday, March 16, all Winn-Dixie locations will close at 9 p.m. nightly until further notice. This will allow our associates the time they need to appropriately restock our stores, and ensure our stores are able to conduct additional sanitation procedures in service of providing a shopping experience our customers can always count on. At #winndixie, we ARE your committed community partners, and you can always count on us.
• DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND OUR CONTROL THE scheduled FLORIDA TALKS presentation of MARTHA R, BIREDA, Ph,D.’s African Roots of Southern Cooking has been canceled.
• The Arts of the Inland has closed the Barron Frank gallery until April 2.
• Wild Game Dinner Canceled - The Wild Game Dinner at First Christian Church has been canceled. If you have purchased tickets, please contact the church or person you purchased the ticket from for a refund. We apologize for the inconvenience. We are located on the Corner of Lee and Ford Streets.
• First Baptist Church will hold their 11 a.m. service on Sunday, March 22. All other services have been canceled.
• Our Lady Queen of Heaven Catholic Church has canceled all religions classes until March 30.
• The polling place at the Big Cypress Reservation has been moved to John Boy Auditorium in Clewiston. All polling places will be open tomorrow, Tuesday, March 17 for the Presidential Primary, there will be antibacterial wipes and lotion on hand.
• All restaurants in LaBelle are open and most have removed condiments off the tables and are following strict guidelines on wiping down tables and chairs. Take-out is also offered.
We are working hard to post updates on whenever we get a notice of an event cancellation. If you hear of an event that has been canceled that is not on our list please let us know either by phone at 863-675-2541 or by email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.