Florida gas prices are declining once again. After reaching a 4-week high of $3.47 per gallon on Tuesday, the state average steadily declined a total of 6 cents by Sunday, June 18.
“Florida drivers are now paying an average price of $3.41 per gallon,” said Mark Jenkins, spokesman, AAA - The Auto Club Group. “Summertime fuel demand is off to a strong start, which will likely contribute to continued volatility in prices at the pump through the next several months.”
• Most expensive metro markets – West Palm Beach-Boca Raton ($3.59), Naples ($3.50), Homosassa Springs ($3.47)
• Least expensive metro markets – Crestview-Fort Walton Beach ($3.17), Panama City ($3.24), Pensacola ($3.26)
Ways to Save on Gasoline
• Combine errands to limit driving time.
AAA Resources for Drivers
• Enroll in savings programs. AAA Members who enroll in Shell’s Fuel Rewards program can save 30 cents per gallon on their first fill-up and 5 cents per gallon each additional trip to the pump. Click here for more information.
• Get a tune-up. Ensure your vehicle is properly maintained to optimize its fuel economy. Visit AAA.com/AutoRepair to find a certified repair shop.