COLLIER COUNTY — The following column is the Road Watch report for Collier County for the week beginning Monday, April 5 provided by the Florida Department of Transportation.
As a reminder, travelers can visit www.FL511.com or dial “511” from their phone to learn about traffic conditions on major roadways across the state.
Motorists are reminded to wear safety belts and drive with caution, courtesy, common sense, and patience as they travel through work zones. Remember, speeding fines are doubled in work zones.
• US 41/Tamiami Trail at Lake Shore Drive (Construction project): Crews are improving drainage on US 41 near Lake Shore Drive. Motorists should expect the outside northbound closed for the duration of the improvements. This week, crews will be preparing to install lane striping next week. The contractor is Ajax Paving Industries of Florida, LLC. Expected completion is spring 2021; weather permitting.
• US 41/Tamiami Trail from Southwest Boulevard to Barefoot Williams Road (Maintenance permit project): Motorists should expect intermittent eastbound and westbound lane closures during daytime hours while crews construct a turn lane, weather permitting. Motorists should expect slow moving traffic and possible delays.
• SR 951 over Big Marco Pass (Maintenance contract project): Motorists should expect intermittent northbound and southbound lane closures from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday, April 6 and Wednesday, April 7 while crews perform maintenance on the bridge, weather permitting. Motorists should use caution as crews work in the roadway.
• SR 82 from Gator Slough Lane to SR 29 (Construction project): Crews are working to widen SR 82 from Gator Slough Lane to SR 29 from a two-lane undivided highway to a four-lane divided roadway, while allowing for a future six-lane roadway.
• SR 29 from North 1st Street to North 9th Street (Construction project): Crews are installing new pedestrian signals and constructing sidewalk, curb & gutter, as well as making drainage improvements on the north and south sides of US 29. Motorists should expect lane closures through the duration of the project during daytime hours from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Motorists and pedestrians should use caution while traveling in this area. Estimated completion is early spring 2021. The contractor is Wright Construction Group, Inc