TALLAHASSEE — Python Patrol is a no-cost training program that aims to create a network of individuals throughout Florida who know how to identify Burmese pythons, report sightings and, in some cases, capture and humanely kill this invasive species. Python Patrol training is a virtual program, so participants can register from any state, not just Florida!
Python Patrol is offered every third Thursday of the month from 7 to 8 p.m.
• All Virtual Python Patrol trainings are free.
• All participants must register prior to the event using Eventbrite.
• Attendees of all ages are welcome, but please review the topic list to be sure the material is appropriate for you, your student or your child.
• Information on Burmese pythons
• Species identification
• How to search for pythons
• Safe capture techniques
• How to humanely kill a python
• Reporting pythons to the FWC
• Live instruction on techniques from a biologist
• Real-time audience Q&A
Want to be notified about new trainings? Follow FWC on Twitter.