“This grant from the KeyBank Foundation ensures the Neighborhood Health Clinic has the resources to meet our community’s dental needs by allowing us to purchase more dental tools, equipment and supplies, as well as provide training for new volunteer hygienists and dental assistants,” details Chief Executive Officer Leslie Lascheid. “Generous support like KeyBank’s ensures the Clinic continues to provide the highest quality comprehensive care for our community.”
Split over two years, the $70,000 grant will support the Clinic’s “Promoting Wellness through Positive Impact on Overall Dental Health and Education for the Underserved” program, an initiative designed to dramatically improve the health and wellbeing of the nonprofit organization’s patients. It will expand the Clinic’s reach within the current scope of dental services offered by increasing the number of unique patients served annually from 500 to 600 or more, as well as providing for more than 1,200 dental procedures each year.
“As a community-minded bank, KeyBank believes in doing our part to improve the lives of disadvantaged populations in the communities we serve,” said Amy Rohde, Key Private Bank Senior Relationship Manager. “We are proud to partner with Neighborhood Health Clinic to help provide oral health resources and care to their clients in an effort to impact the overall health and well-being of the community.”
KeyBank Foundation’s grant is made under Key’s National Community Benefits Plan established in 2017, which has delivered more than $18 billion in lending and investments across Key’s national footprint supporting affordable housing and community development projects, home and small business lending in low- and-moderate income communities, and philanthropic efforts targeted toward education, workforce development, and safe, vital neighborhoods.
Neighborhood Health Clinic opened the Dental Suite in 2019 to improve the overall health and wellbeing of patients by addressing the link between oral health and chronic illness, providing Collier County’s uninsured workers comprehensive care on one campus to reduce the amount of time spent away from family and work. The Dental Suite features four dental operatories, dental lab, dental sterilization room and a classroom for one-on-one patient education.
Collier County is home to more than 50,000 uninsured workers who could qualify for Clinic services if they became ill. Founded in 1999, the Neighborhood Health Clinic provides comprehensive medical and dental care to working, uninsured adults (aged 19-64) residing in Collier County:
• Offers access to general medical practitioners, specialty clinics for complex and chronic conditions; dental care; an onsite laboratory for basic tests for established patients and Radiology services
• Provides patient education and research projects
• Houses an onsite medication room which allows patients to leave appointments with their non-narcotic medications, increasing adherence and improving health outcomes
• Provides 11,000 patient visits and 28,000 patient procedures in 2021
• Served 120,000 patient procedures since 1999
• Volunteer driven 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization with approximately 250 physicians, 50 dentists, 100 nurses and 300 non-medical personnel donating their expertise and supported by 13 fulltime and 5 part-time paid staff
• 94 cents of every dollar goes directly to patient services
To learn more about Neighborhood Health Clinic, or support the charity’s programs, please call 239.261.6600, or visit www.NeighborhoodHealthClinic.org.
KeyBank provides banking and financial services to full-time and seasonal residents throughout Collier, Lee, and Palm Beach counties through Key Private Bank’s offices at 3777 Tamiami North, Suite 100 in Naples; 3507 Kyoto Gardens Drive, Suite 100 in Palm Beach Gardens; and 12830 University Drive in Fort Myers. For more information on Key Private Bank’s services in Florida, contact Amy Rohde, Key Private Bank Senior Relationship Manager at 239-659-8812 or Amy_Rohde@keybank.com.