Hendry County contracts with Clarke Environmental to help reduce the nuisance and public health threat mosquitoes pose through mosquito population mapping, surveillance and larval and adult mosquito control - an integrated mosquito management approach that ensures maximum results with minimum environmental impact.
Clarke is a global environmental public health products and services company with a mission to make communities around the world more livable, safe, and comfortable.
Clarke does this by researching, developing, and delivering environmentally responsible mosquito control products and services to help prevent disease, control nuisances, and support healthy communities.
You can help prevent mosquito breeding:
• Get rid of old tires, tin cans, buckets, drums, bottles or any other outdoor containers that hold water.
• Clean gutters periodicially,
• Cover trash cans to keep out rain water.
• Repair leaky pipes and outside faucets.
• Empty plastic wading pools at least once a week and store indoors when not in use.
• Be sure your backyard pool is properly cared for.
• Change the water in bird baths, plant pots or drip trays at least once a week.
Have questions about mosquito control? Call the hotline at 800-203-6485.