The following individuals were arrested on felony or driving under the influence (DUI) charges by the Hendry County Sheriff’s Office (HCSO), the Clewiston City Police Department (CPD), the Florida Highway Patrol (FHP), the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC), the Department of Corrections (DOC), June 14 through June 17.
• Quintavis De’Jwuan Mangum, 28, Clewiston was arrested on 06/13/2023 by Deputy Sheriff J. Goldberg on charges of possession of synthetic marijuana, deliver of synthetic marijuana and use/possession of paraphernalia to transport drugs.
• Germalyel La’Shawn Jones, 39, LaBelle, was arrested on June 14 by Deputy Sheriff G. Willis on charges of written threat to commit bodily injury.
• Alvin Viani Freeman, 25, Clewiston, was arrested on June 15 by Deputy Sheriff L. Rodriguez on charges of DUI, operating a motor vehicle with DL expired more than six months and not obtaining Florida DL after 30 days.
• Stephen Anthon Seawalt, 42, Folkston, GA, was arrested on June 15 by Deputy Sheriff L. Rodriguez on charges of DUI
• Crystal J. Smith, 37, LaBelle, was arrested on June 15 by Deputy Sheriff G. Willis on charges of aggravated assault and battery.
• Enrique Moreno-Olvera, 39, LaBelle, was arrested on June 16 by Deputy Sheriff K. Rosado on charges of aggravated battery.
• Lawrence M. Whaley, 45, Ft. Myers, was arrested on June 16 by D/S M. Aguirre for felony probation violation.
• Jonathan Lee Sanchez, 34, LaBelle, was arrested on June 16 by Deputy Sheriff A. Bell for two counts of lewd and lascivious behavior – vic under the age of 12.
• Johnny Lee Willis, 41, Belle Glade, was arrested on June 16 by Deputy Sheriff J. Castro for felony probation violation.
• Jeffrey Scott Scheffler, 62, LaBelle, was arrested on June 16 by Deputy Sheriff J. Castro on charges of aggravated battery.
• Delvin Dwayne Hughes, 33, Miami, was arrested on June 17 by Sgt. J. Nunemaker on charges of felony probation violation.
This information was provided by the Hendry County Sheriff’s Office. This column lists arrests and not convictions, unless otherwise stated. Anyone listed here who is later found not guilty or has had the charges against them dropped is welcome to inform this newspaper. The information will be confirmed and printed.