(April 9, 2020) – LaBelle, Fla. – Two additional cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed in Hendry County, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in Hendry County to 13.
The latest confirmed cases are a 60 year old male and a 28 year old male; both individuals are residents of Clewiston.
9 of the individuals who have tested positive in Hendry County are currently under isolation. 4 individuals have recovered and been cleared by the Florida Department of Health and are no longer required to be under isolation.
Hendry County officials strongly urge residents to continue following the guidance provided by the CDC and the Florida Department of Health (DOH) in order to slow the spread of COVID-19:
· Remember you are safer at home
· Wash your hands often with soap and water
· Cover your coughs and sneezes
· Clean and disinfect frequently used surfaces
· If you are sick or think you may have been exposed to COVID-19, call your medical provider, a local provider or local health department
· If you need to leave your home for essential purposes, please wear a cloth mask
CDC guidance on how to make a cloth mask can be found at the following link - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html
DOH has launched a survey to help inform and improve the state’s response to COVID-19. Residents are asked to take two minutes to answer the community action survey questions at www.strongerthanc19.com
*Hendry County will send out daily updates at approximately 6pm only if there are new cases in Hendry County.
More information about COVID-19 cases in Florida can be found on the DOH website - https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/ and on the DOH dashboard which is updated twice a day at approximately 11:30am and 6:30pm - https://arcg.is/0Hfi5O .