(March 19, 2020) – Hendry County officials have declared a Local State of Emergency in response to the potential spread of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and its potential impacts on the County.
The declaration is effective immediately as of 4:28pm on Thursday, March 19, 2020.
Although there are currently no confirmed COVID-19 cases in Hendry County at this time, this declaration will allow the County access to essential resources, such as funding reimbursements and emergency procurement of critical supplies, as response to this pandemic may require.
Residents with questions regarding COVID-19 are asked to call the Florida Department of Health (FDOH) 24 hour at (866) 779-6121 or visit the FDOH webpage dedicated to COVID-19 -- https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/ .
Hendry County also has a dedicated landing page – www.preparehendry.com -- to inform the public of the status of public meetings and facilities and other Hendry County related information.
The website will be updated as decisions are made by local officials.
Closures and Cancellations
• The Log Cabin, Quart House and Two Peas are still open with limited seating and carry out.
• The bar at the LaBelle Brewing Company is closed but the resturant remains open with limited seating.
• The Hendry County Tax Collector is open, however they are serving Hendry and Glades County residents only. Driver license road tests have been halted. Concealed Weapons has been halted. They are asking folks to come in by 4:00 for driver license and 4:30 for tags and titles.
• Caloosa Baptist Church has suspended all services and activities until further notice. Find us on Facebook at Caloosa Baptist Church. Sermon videos will post to this page each Sunday. Pastor updates and church news will post via video to Facebook throughout the week as well.
• The Church of God has canceled all but their Sunday morning services.
• The Good Shepherd Episcopal Church of LaBelle has canceled all services until futher notice.
• Marroquín’s Learning Center has closed its doors as of March 19, our reopening is yet unknown please make sure that if your child is sick please attend to them like never before this virus is serious please don’t take chances, may God bless us all thank you Mary Ann Marroquin.
• Based on the most recent guidance from the State of Florida regarding public gatherings, Hendry County is canceling the Tuesday, March 24, 5 p.m. Regular Board of County Commission Meeting at the Hendry County Courthouse in LaBelle. At this time, the County still anticipates that future meetings will occur, however, if the situation changes, notification will be sent out and posted. The county also has a dedicated landing page – www.preparehendry.com -- to inform the public of the status of public meetings and facilities and other Hendry County related information. The website will be updated as decisions are made by local officials.
• Bingo has been cancelled for the remainder of this season as well as all other events until further notice at the Ortona Community Center.
• PASSPORT APPLICATIONS- The Hendry County Clerk’s Office will not be accepting passport applications until further notice. The U.S. Department of State has closed all of the Passport Agencies. Some Passport Acceptance Facilities may be open and will accept applications for routine service only. Applicants eligible to renew their passports may still do so by mail. The website for passports is: www.travel.state.gov.
The FIREHOUSE COMMUNITY THEATRE has CANCELLED it’s upcoming play A MURDER HAS BEEN RENOUNCED scheduled for April 17 through 19, 2020 and April 23 through 26, 2020. This decision was made not only to protect their patrons as well as the cast, crew, and volunteers.