COLLIER COUNTY - The Collier County Board of County Commissioners is seeking applications for positions on several advisory committees. Members of committees must reside and be registered to vote in Collier County. Scroll to the bottom of this page for instructions on how to apply.
• The Bayshore/Gateway Triangle Local Redevelopment Advisory Board has two vacancies in the following categories: Gateway Triangle resident, and an at-large member. This nine-member board assists in the implementation of the redevelopment plan for the Bayshore/Gateway Triangle area. Terms are three years.
• The Black Affairs Advisory Board has three seats expiring in June. This nine-member committee identifies and evaluates problems unique to the Black Community, reviews and recommends ways to ensure open communication between minorities and Collier County Government and provides periodic reports to the Board of County Commissioners. Terms are four years.
• The Building Board of Adjustments and Appeals has two vacancies, and three seats expiring in August. This board hears appeals on rejections or refusals by the Building Code Compliance Director to approve mode of construction or materials to be used in construction or alteration of a structure. Applicants must represent one of the following professions: One state licensed architect or structural engineer; one Class “A” general contractor; one state certified fire protective equipment contractor or State Certified Fire Fighter with the rank of Lieutenant or higher or State Certified Fire Safety Inspector with the rank of Lieutenant or higher; one licensed electrical contractor; and one licensed plumbing or mechanical contractor. Members must be knowledgeable in the following Collier County Codes: Florida Building Codes, Electrical Code, Fire Prevention Code, Gas Code, Mechanical Code and Swimming Pool Code. Terms are four years. This is a Quasi-Judicial Board.
• The Contractors Licensing Board has one vacancy, and three seats expiring in June. Applicants should be either a licensed architect, a licensed general contractor, a licensed engineer, a licensed electrical contractor, a licensed plumbing contractor, a licensed mechanical contractor, a licensed roofing contractor, a licensed residential, or a licensed building contractor. This nine-member board was created to determine the qualifications of applicants for the various categories of the Contractors’ Certificates of Competency. They also hold hearings to determine if a certificate of competency of any contractor, master or journeyman should be revoked. Terms are three years. This is a Quasi-Judicial Board.
• The Floodplain Management Planning Committee has a vacancy for a citizen representative residing in the following area: southwest Collier County (along the US 41 corridor and south 951). The committee reviews and provides recommendations for floodplain management regulations, and for surface water and watershed management issues brought before it including, but not limited to, matters dealing with water quality and quantity. They will also develop and, at least annually, evaluate and update the Collier County Floodplain Management Plan. Members serve at the will of the County Manager.
• The Golden Gate Beautification Advisory Committee has one vacancy. This five-member committee advises and recommends as to the beautification and maintenance of landscape improvements within the road right of way as described by ordinance boundaries. The committee shall prepare an itemized budget of the amount of money required to carry out the business of the committee for the next fiscal year. Members must be residents of one of the following precincts: 323, 324, 325, 326, 327, and part of 322. Terms are four years.
• The Golden Gate Community Center Advisory Board has one vacancy. Members must reside within the boundaries of the Golden Gate Community Center Municipal Services Special Taxing District. This five-member committee advises the Board of County Commissioners on the budget and operation of the Golden Gate Community Center. Terms are three years.
• The Golden Gate City Economic Development Zone Advisory Board has two vacancies. Applicants must either be residents of Golden Gate City or represent business and commercial interests in the Golden Gate City Economic Development Zone. This seven-member committee was formed for the purpose of advising the BCC concerning policies and programs to attract businesses or industries to the Economic Development Zone and reviewing and making recommendations on applications for funding through the Trust Fund. Terms are two years.
• The Ochopee Fire Control District Advisory Committee has a vacancy for applicants residing in the Ochopee Area Fire Control Special Taxing District. This five-member committee advises the Board of County Commissioners on the budget and operation of the Ochopee Fire Control District. Terms are two years.
How to Apply:
To apply for an advisory committee vacancy, submit an application online at https://www.colliercountyfl.gov/your-government/advisory-boards/online-advisory-board-application.https://www.colliercountyfl.gov/your-government/advisory-boards/online-advisory-board-application After you complete the application, click on “Submit Form.” To receive an immediate e-mail confirmation that your application was received, you must include your e-mail address in the application.
Residents interested in applying for advisory committee positions may also obtain an application by calling (239) 252-8400, or from https://www.colliercountyfl.gov/home/showdocument?id=25235. Please email to DL-AdvisoryBoardOn-LineApplications@colliercountyfl.gov, or mail to the attention of Wanda Rodriguez, County Attorney’s Office, 3299 Tamiami Trail East, Suite 800, Naples, Florida 34112-5746.