PAHOKEE — In answering questions about recent divisive events in Pahokee, City Manager Chandler Williamson said he felt that “some of this has reached its lifespan and appears redundant.”
He said he wanted to point out some items that “I feel create the attention Pahokee and surrounding areas so badly need from our media outlets,” and listed the following.
• “Completion of field turf football field for recreational sports and future partnership with NFL Foundation.
• “Completion of Glades Citizens Villa resurfaced streets and stormwater protection, $635,000.
• “Completion of renovation of Commissioners Park, $550,000.
• “Awarding of new transportation bus for senior citizens/youth activities by FDOT, $115,000 in value.
• “Pending implementation of gymnasium renovations for gym that’s been closed for over 12 years or more (county partnership).
• “Pending implementation of demolition of old City Hall to make passage for future economic development in the central area of Pahokee, funded by Solid Waste Authority grant.”
• “Commission’s pending exploration of housing development/future job site in Pahokee.
• “Creation of future Jazz on the Lake Festival at Pahokee Marina.
• “Movies in the Park (monthly showing of movie on the big screen in Commissioners Park with food trucks).”