The office of Palm Beach County Property Appraiser Dorothy Jacks, CFA, AAS, announced the award of six college scholarships...
WEST PALM BEACH — The office of Palm Beach County Property Appraiser Dorothy Jacks, CFA, AAS, announced the award of six college scholarships of $1,500 each to Palm Beach County high school seniors who plan to attend a higher education institution full time.
The recipients are:
• Kazi Amin, graduating from Atlantic Community High School, attending University of Central Florida;
• Ben-Gina Fantaisie, graduating from Atlantic Community High School, attending Florida State University;
• Tasnia Tabassum, graduating from Pahokee Middle-Senior High School, attending University of South Florida;
• Moshammet Jarin, graduating from Glades Central Community High School, attending University of Florida;
• Diksha Gupta, graduating from Suncoast High School. attending University of Florida;
• Jelianys Ramos-Burgos. graduating from Royal Palm Beach Community High School, attending University of Florida.
Each recipient will also be offered an opportunity for a paid summer internship in the Property Appraiser’s Office.
“Heartfelt congratulations to all of our scholarship recipients,” said Jacks. “These scholarships are completely funded by employee donations, and I know each member of my staff feels pride in recognizing these exceptional graduates.”
Scholarship recipients will be recognized at a small ceremony at the Property’s Appraiser’s Office in West Palm Beach at 3 p.m. on Wednesday, June 1.
“These incredible students demonstrated excellence in academic ability, persistence, leadership, and service to others,” said Ms. Jacks. “It’s a privileged to recognize them in person this year.”
With this 29th year of the program, the Palm Beach County Property Appraiser’s Office has awarded more than $160,000 in college scholarships.