WEST PALM BEACH — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Foundation (PBCSF) is pleased to announce the recipients of its 2021 Youth Scholarship Program. Fifteen Palm Beach County high school seniors, all of whom were nominated by a sworn employee of the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, will receive $2,500 scholarships for their freshman year of college. Each scholarship is renewable for up to four years of college or trade school. This is the seventh year of the program, and the Sheriff’s Foundation is committed to distributing $150,000 a year in scholarships!
Here is the seventh class of scholarship winners:
• Roel Rivera II, Glades Central Community High School, Palm Beach State College
• Skylar Rowley, Glades Central Community High School, Florida Atlantic University
• Mikeria Chandler, The Shepherd’s School, Lynn University
• Kolton DesRochers, Glades Day School, University of Central Florida
• Makye Boles, Grandview Preparatory School, Florida Southern College
The students will receive their scholarships and be recognized at a luncheon on March 7 at 12:30 p.m. at the International Polo Club in Wellington.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Foundation is a nonprofit charitable organization that helps underprivileged children through such programs as Shop with a Cop and Youth Scholarships. Our support for the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office enhances deputy safety by subsidizing new equipment that might otherwise be unattainable. In addition, the Foundation has provided great support for the K-9, domestic violence, and gang units, and we assist PBSO employees in times of need.
For more information about the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Foundation, please visit PBCSF.org