Collier County Domestic Animal Services is hosting Paws in the Park family fun walk on Saturday, March 21, from 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m., at North Collier Regional Park, 15000 Livingston Road, Naples, FL 34109.
Animal lovers can bring their dogs and take the three-mile stroll or opt for the shorter one-mile stroll around the trail at North Collier Regional Park to help us raise money to benefit the Collier County Domestic Animal Services Donation Trust Fund. The Donation Trust Fund is used to provide care for the homeless pets of Collier County.
The DAS Donation Trust Fund provides the following:
• Education to local schools and adult groups focusing on the humane treatment of animals, bite prevention and responsible pet ownership
• Supplies for animals in foster care
• Emergency and ongoing care for animals that are victims of neglect or abuse
• Veterinary Clinic equipment, such as an x-ray machine
• Professional obedience training for canines
• Training collars and other equipment for canines
• Enrichment equipment and supplies for felines and canines
Collier County Domestic Animal Services (DAS) cares for over 5,000 animals each year, and we couldn’t do it without the support of the community. Please join us by participating; your registration and donations will help make a positive impact on the lives of the homeless and abandoned animals at DAS.
In addition to the walk, there will be a DJ performing throughout the event, food, raffles and several donation stations where, for a donation, you can get your photo taken with our mascots, Rescue Rover, Pawlee and Mewsley. Grab a ‘puppuccino’ for your pooch, create a pawprint wall art piece or create an ornament.
For more information about the Paws in the Park Fundraiser, call DAS at (239) 252-PETS (7387). For media inquiries, call Daniel Christenbury, Public Information Coordinator, at (239) 405-1300.