OKEECHOBEE — The “Big O Open” held its November 2020 Tournament, in memory of Les Tory, Saturday, Nov. 21. Ten teams participated in a nice day of friendly competition with the team of Joey Roberts and Thomas Gerabasis placing first with 18.85 pounds.
• Second place went to Skip Purple and Roppy Sanders with 16.99 pounds.
• Third place went to Bill Rose and Dan Powell with 14.86 pounds.
• Fourth place went to Dave Berglund and Jim Gullett with 14.14 pounds.
• Fifth place went to Kyle Carr and Katie Miranda with 13.93 pounds.
• First Big Fish went to Marshall and Steve with 6.59 pounds.
• Second Big Fish went to Bill and Dan with 5.40 pounds.
Cash prizes were awarded for first, second, third place and first Big Fish. Fourth and fifth place and second Big Fish received gift cards generously donated by our three local tackle shops: Okeechobee Fishing Headquarters, Garrard’s Bait & Tackle and Fast Break. Thank you!
Future tournaments will be held the first Saturday of each month to begin at “Safe Light” with weigh-in at 1 p.m. at Okee-Tantie. The cost to participate is $50 per team with a 90% payout, and the remaining 10% of this cost is donated to our local Teen Anglers Club the Big O Teen Anglers.
Please stay well and come join us at our next tournament! Fliers with additional information and rules can be picked up at our three local tackle shops.