OKEECHOBEE -- If you are over age 50 and wish to be vaccinated for COVID-19, head to the Okeechobee Agri-Civic Center, 4601 State Road 710 East.
Okeechobee County has been running vaccination pods every Tuesday, using the state appointment system to efficiently fill all of the available spots. Today (March 23), however, there was some kind of glitch in the system and appointments were not made for 400 of the available doses of the Moderna vaccine.
You do not have to call or go online to sign up for this vaccination pod. Paper consent forms are available to fill out at the site.
This is a drive-thru vaccination site.
Any Florida resident over the age of 50 is eligible for vaccination at this site. You must bring proof of residency. If you have a Florida driver's license or state-issued ID card, that's all you need.
Those who do not have a Florida driver license or ID card may provide a copy of two of the following to show proof of residential address:
1. A deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, mortgage payment booklet or residential rental or lease agreement.
2. One proof of residential address from the season resident’s parent, step-parent or legal guardian or other person with whom the seasonal resident resides and a statement from the person with whom the seasonal resident resides stating that the seasonal resident does reside with him or her.
3. A utility hookup or work order dated within 60 days before registration.
4. A utility bill, not more than 2 months old.
5. Mail from a financial institution, including checking, savings, or investment account statements, not more than 2 months old.
6. Mail from a federal, state, county, or municipal government agency, not more than 2 months old.