OKEECHOBEE — The Big O Teen Anglers (BOTA) held their 2021 Mid-Year Classic out of Okee-Tantie on May 29-30. This two day tournament included 23 anglers catching a total of 71 bass at a combined weight of 129.20 pounds.
The largest bass -- 4.62 pounds -- was caught was by Taylor McQuade.
This month’s standings as follows:
9-12 Age Group
• First place went to Lane James with 17.22 pounds.
• Second place went to Caden Ellerbee with 12.21 pounds and Big Fish at 4.41 pounds.
• Third place went to Kaleb Davis with 9.82 pounds.
13-19 Age Group
• First place went to Tanner Seabolt with 9.03 pounds.
• Second place went to Ragyn Mohney with 8.61 pounds.
• Third place went to Rafe Sexton with 7.49 pounds.
• Big Fish prize went to Taylor McQuade with 4.62 pounds.
Every month BOTA has boat captains who volunteer their Saturday morning to youth anglers. BOTA thanks Terry Seabolt, Billy Ellerbee, Chad Ellerbee, Jim Newell, Josh Clay, Raul Martinez, Stephane Betterley, Marc Williams, Adam Crum, Marshall Comfort, David Diehl, Robert Hertzer, Buster McMillan and Justin Whiddon.
BOTA will accept applications for the 2021 season throughout the year. If you know a youth angler between the ages of nine to 19 who loves fishing or wants to learn a new sport, please reach out to Danielle at 561-436-8491 or email@example.com.