OKEECHOBEE — The Big O Teen Anglers held their End-Year Classic of the 2022 year out of J&S Fish Camp on Saturday, Oct. 29 and then Harney Pond on Sunday, Oct. 30. Both were nice days of fishing with some very nice bass caught. This month’s two-day tournament included 17 anglers catching a total of 96 bass at a combined weight of 144.31 lbs.
The overall largest bass caught was by Jayson Wells at 5.64 lbs. Great catch Jayson!
This month’s standings are as follows:
9-13 Age Group
• First place - Katie Fender with 13.75 lbs.;
• Second place - Devin Diehl with 12.82 lbs and a Big Fish of 5.49 lbs.;
• Third place - Baylee Stephens with 12.02 lbs.
14-19 Age Group
• First place - Tanner Seabolt with 17.62 lbs.;
• Second place - Jayson Wells with 15.76 lbs. and a Big Fish of 5.64 lbs.;
• Third place - Holden Hawkins with 4.09 lbs.
Every boat captains volunteer their time to the youth anglers. Thanks go to: Terry Seabolt, Raul Martinez, David Diehl, Justin Whidden, David Straight, Jim Newell, Pat Cote, Nick Neswick and Jamie Stephens.
The Big O Teen Anglers are now accepting applications for the 2023 season. If you have a youth angler between the ages of 9-19 that loves fishing or wants to learn a new sport, please reach out to Danielle at 561 436-8491 or email@example.com.