OKEECHOBEE — The Big O Teen Anglers held their June tournament on Saturday, June 25 out of Okee-Tantie with 18 anglers participating. Thirty-five bass weighed in with a total weight of 58.60 pounds. The largest bass caught in the 9-13 age group was 2.66 pounds caught by Michael “JuneBug” McLeod. In the 14-19 age group, the largest fish was a 6.30 pound bass caught by Tanner Seabolt.
This month’s standings for June were as follows:
9-13 Age Group
• Michael McLeod placed first with 5.72 pounds and the Big Fish weighing 2.66 pounds.
• Elijah Buhlmaier placed second with 4.43 pounds.
• Nicholas “Will” Neswick placed third with 4.13 pounds.
14-19 Age Group
• Tanner Seabolt placed first with 11.03 pounds and the Big Fish weighing 6.30 pounds.
• Jayson Wells placed second with 7.49 pounds.
• Katelynn Straight placed third with 4.34 pounds.
Every month boat captains volunteer their Saturday morning to the youth anglers. Thanks go to: Terry Seabolt, Marc Williams, Paul Lynch, Jamie Stephens, Patrick Cote, Kim LaFave, David Diehl, Chad Ellerbee, Bill Hawkins, and David Straight.
If you know a youth angler between the ages of 9-19 that loves fishing or is interested in learning a new sport, please reach out to Danielle at 561-436-8491 or email@example.com.