• The Chamber of Commerce of Okeechobee County and Okeechobee Main Street are excited to announce that SBDC is offering Better Business classes to all our local businesses. The total cost for all Better Business classes is only $15. You can attend one or all classes for just $15; however, you must pre-register for each class so that the instructor will be aware of how many will be in each session.
Please see the schedule below for dates and times. The location for all classes will be at IRSC Dixon-Hendry Campus in the Williamson Center, please report to Room C-112. The SBDC Better Business program provides business counseling, technical assistance and training for small business owners and merchants. The purpose of the Better Business program is to enhance Business & Entrepreneurial skills, create jobs and assist in the expansion and growth of our existing business community.
• Tuesday, Sept. 21 — Introduction to Internet Marketing
• Thursday, Sept. 23 — Financial Literacy (Capital Access, Record Keeping, Etc.)
• Tuesday, Sept. 28 — Time Matters
• Thursday, Sept. 30 — Understanding Sales and Marketing
• Tuesday, Oct. 5 — Social Media in Today’s Changing Environment
• Chamber Business of the Year Awards dinner — Grab your partner and plan to attend the Business of the Year Awards on Saturday, Oct. 23, from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Downtown Venue. We have four categories, Business Development, Entrepreneurship, Community and Leadership. Presentation for four businesses, one in each category will be given that evening. We will also be awarding a Future Business Leader Award. The BOYA event has been transitioned from an annual luncheon to an evening event with networking, great food, a chance to dress up, and a ton of surprises along the way! Tickets are now on sale! Mark your calendars to be sure and reserve your table. No tickets will be sold at the door, so make sure to get yours early. Seating will be limited.
• Only one sponsorship is still available, please call the chamber at 863-467-6246 for details. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to showcase your business in front of the Okeechobee Business Community. Please go online to www.okeechobeebusiness.com and you will see the calendar of events scrolling on the left side of the page. Click on the even, Oct 23, Business of the Year event and fill out your ticket or table sponsor. If you have any questions, please just give us a call.
We want to thank our Gold Sponsor SouthState Bank for quickly stepping up and giving us their continued support of the Chamber and our initiatives. Thank you also to our Silver Sponsor, Treasure Coast Hospice. We have four Burgundy Sponsors. They are MID-FLORIDA, Mixon Real Estate, Badcock Home Furniture and more and Performance Napa, Inc. Thank you to each of them for their support. We could not celebrate our many deserving businesses without all of your unwavering help.