We’ve had several of you to ask about our upcoming Small Business Saturday and how you can be a part of it. This is a national holiday hosted in Okeechobee by the Chamber of Commerce of Okeechobee County to promote shopping local for the holiday season. Any business is welcome to join and there is never a cost. You must simply reserve your spot on the official passport for your storefront or home-based business and let us know where shoppers can find you. Reserve your spot at www.okeechobeebusiness.com only those registered will be shown on the passport.
1. You can pick up your official passport the week of Thanksgiving at the Chamber or at the Welcome Station on Saturday, Nov. 27 at The Downtown Venue.
2. Get your passport signed when you shop with a business on Shop Small Saturday and then return the passport to the Chamber by Tuesday, Nov. 30. Be sure and put your name and phone number on the passport. The Chamber will have a drawing for a gift basket.
3. Share Shop Small ads and Post your shopping adventure for everyone to see using #ShopSmallOkeechobee.
4. Bring a friend or two to shop with you.
5. Let’s support our small businesses - shop local!
Store fronts and home based businesses: We ask a couple things from you.
1. We’ve extended the date so that you can reserve your spot on the “Passport” by Nov. 17 at 4 p.m. This passport must be sent off for printing. So be sure and get registered so that your business will show as one of our participating businesses. Only the businesses that are registered will show on the passport. Make sure to get registered today.
2. You have a raffle, free gift, or deals & steals for shoppers as a draw to bring them into your store.
3. You advertise all participating businesses, but most importantly yours.
4. You might want to be sure and have gift cards for shoppers to purchase too.
Small Business Saturday will be held on Nov. 27, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Welcome Station will be located at The Downtown Venue For information, visit www.facebook.com/small-business-saturday-okeechobee, call Chamber Office Manager Mariah Parriott at 863-467-6246, or email
Location: 1.) Welcome Station is The Downtown Venue located at 120 S.W. Seventh Ave. in Okeechobee. firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Grand Re-opening and Ribbon Cutting! Exciting news for our golfers! The Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce a Ribbon Cutting for Okeechobee KOA Golf and RV Resort at their Golf course Re-Opening on Monday, Nov. 29 at noon. Mark your calendars now so that you don’t miss out on celebrating with them.
Tee times are required for play, so get yours early. For Tee times, call 863-763-0231.
Golf carts are limited and available on a first come first serve basis.