OKEECHOBEE -- Okeechobee County Code Enforcement will luach the next neighborhood enhancement effort in January.
Starting the week of Jan. 23, 2023, Code Enforcement Officers will be visiting the Whispering Pines and Basswood areas. This neighborhood enhancement effort is intended to help property owners stay in compliance with county regulations and improve the appearance of the neighborhood.
Code enforcement officers will inspect properties for code violations including (but not limited to):
• Outdoor storage such as car parts and appliances,
• Junk, trash and debris,
• Overgrown grass and weeds,
• Unauthorized farm animals such as chickens, goats and pigs,
• Exterior property maintenance issues such as broken windows, damaged roofs and other exterior damage,
• Unpermitted construction.
Homeowners do not need to be present during the inspection. If you have any questions, contact the Okeechobee County Code Enforcement Office. 863-763-5548 extension 3077.