OKEECHOBEE — Florida Department of Health in Okeechobee County provides free COVID-19 testing using an oral swab Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., by appointment only. The health department is located at 1728 N.W. Ninth Ave. in Okeechobee. To make an appointment, call 863-462-5800 and press option 3 immediately.
It will take approximately 48 hours to get your test results.
Who can be tested?
High priority vulnerable populations and must have symptoms:
• First responders (EMS, firefighters, law enforcement and dispatchers) *can be asymptomatic
• Health care personnel
• School employees and students
• Long-term care facilities
• Individuals living or working in congregate settings (correctional, homeless shelter)
Please follow CDC guidelines:
• Isolate from others until you receive test results
• Do not go to school or work if symptomatic and waiting for results