OKEECHOBEE — Florida Department of Health in Okeechobee County provides 10 location sites for COVID-19 vaccines, five COVID-19 Testing sites and Monoclonal Antibody Treatment sites.
PERSONS AGES 12-17: The Pfizer vaccine is authorized for persons age 12 and up. The Moderna and Janssen (Johnson and Johnson) vaccines are authorized for persons age 18 and up. All individuals under the age of 18 receiving a vaccine must be accompanied by a guardian and complete the COVID-19 vaccine screening and consent form.
Currently there are 10 locations providing COVID-19 vaccines in Okeechobee County.
1. The Florida Department of Health in Okeechobee County, 1728 N.W. Ninth Ave., Okeechobee. For more information call 863-462-5800. Moderna COVID-19 vaccine is available now for walk-in or appointment on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Johnson & Johnson and Pfizer vaccine when supply is available.
2. CVS Pharmacy, 106 N. Parrott Ave., Okeechobee, is administering Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine for walk-in or appointment. Register for an appointment at https://www.cvs.com/vaccine/intake/store/covid-screener/covid-qns. 863-763-3169.
3. Publix Pharmacy, 3551 U.S. 441, Okeechobee, is administering Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine by walk-in or appointment. Register for an appointment at https://www.publix.com/covid-vaccine/florida. 863-763-0428.
4. Walmart Pharmacy, 2101 S. Parrott Ave., Okeechobee, is administering Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine by walk-in or appointment. Register for an appointment at https://www.walmart.com/covidvaccine.
5. Lakeshore Medical Center-FCHC, 1100 N. Parrott Ave., Okeechobee, is offering Moderna and Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine by appointment. Register for an appointment at 863-763-7481 or https://www.fchcinc.org/
6. Heartland Discount Pharmacy, 407 S, Parrott Ave,, Okeechobee, is administering Moderna, Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine by appointment at https://form.jotform.com/210896351116151 or by walk-in. 863-763-7633.
7. Walgreens Pharmacy, 100 N.W. Park St., Okeechobee. is administering the Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine by appointment only. Register for an appointment at https://www.walgreens.com/topic/promotion/covid-vaccine.jsp. 863-357-1754.
8. Florida Community Health Center, Dr. Fred Brown Children Health Center, 2015 U.S. 441, Okeechobee, offering Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine by appointment and walk-in. 863-763-1952.
9. Okeechobee Discount Drugs Pharmacy, 203 S.W. Park St., Okeechobee, is offering Moderna COVID-19 vaccines by walk-in. 863-763-5100.
10. Okeechobee Urgent Care, 305 N.E. Park St., Okeechobee, is offering Moderna COVID-19 vaccine for walk-in, no appointment needed. 863-484-8154.
FDA amended the Emergency Use Authorization for the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine and Moderna COVID-19 vaccine to allow an additional dose to be administered to people with moderately to severely compromised immune systems after an initial 2-dose series. The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices is meeting on Friday, Aug. 13, 2021, to discuss a recommendation on additional doses for this population.
CDC now recommends that people whose immune systems are compromised moderately to severely should receive an additional dose of mRNA COVID-19 vaccine after the initial 2 doses. Widespread vaccination is a critical tool to help stop the pandemic. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/recommendations/immuno.html
FDA fully approves Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine named Comirnaty Comirnaty and Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine | FDA
COVID-19 Testing Sites
Currently there are 5 locations providing COVID-19 Testing in Okeechobee County.
• Florida Department of Health, 1728 N.W. Ninth Ave., Okeechobee, 863-462-5800
Symptomatic only, COVID19 Testing only Law Enforcement/Fire/Schools/Daycare
Park & Test Monday through Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. and 1:30 to 3 p.m., Friday 8:30 to 11:45 a.m. No charge by appointment only.
• Okeechobee Urgent Care, 305 N.E. Park St., Okeechobee, 863-484-8154
Walk in 7 days a week 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. COVID-19 testing is performed at no cost to you. Health insurance companies are required to cover 100% of the cost. If you have insurance, we will ask for those details. If not, we may ask for your Social Security number or driver’s license/state ID to bill the federal program for the uninsured. In either case, you will owe nothing out of pocket.
If need negative result for work or travel:
○ Asymptomatic PCR test $225
○ Asymptomatic Rapid $150
• Lakeshore Medical Center Florida Community Health Center, 2015 U.S. 441, Okeechobee, 863-763-1951
Testing for COVID-19 only available to children only at this time on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Appointment required. Park & Test. COVID-19 testing is performed at no cost to you. Health insurance companies are required to cover 100% of the cost. If you have insurance, we will ask for those details.
• Dr. Fred Brown Center Florida Community Health Center, 1100 N. Parrot Ave. #2129, Okeechobee, 863-763-7481
Testing for COVID-19 only available to adults only at this time on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Appointment required. Park & Test. COVID-19 testing is performed at no cost to you. Health insurance companies are required to cover 100% of the cost. If you have insurance, we will ask for those details.
• Curative — Okeechobee Agri-Civic Center, 4601 S.R. 710 E., Okeechobee,
Open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Appointment recommended at www.curative.com. You must have an email address or cell phone messaging to receive results.
CVS, Walgreens, and Walmart offer FDA approved COVID-19 home test kits for sale. Home COVID-19 tests kits are approved by the FDA under Emergency Use Authorization.
Monoclonal Antibody Treatment Sites
Direct to our website http://www.floridahealth.gov/
It is listed under TRENDING TOPICS
Available to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 as a treatment option. Monoclonal antibody treatments can prevent severe illness, hospitalization and death in high-risk patients who have contracted or been exposed to COVID-19. These treatments are widely available in Florida.
Treatment is free and vaccination status does not matter. If you are 12 years and older and are at high risk for severe illness due to COVID-19, you are eligible for this treatment.
In clinical trials, monoclonal antibody treatment showed a 70% reduction in hospitalization and death.
For high-risk patients who have been exposed to someone with COVID19, Regeneron can give you temporary immunity to decrease your odds of catching the infection by over 80%.
Closest FREE Monoclonal Antibody Treatment Site - Appointments required. Must go to website to make appointment. https://www.patientportalfl.com/s/?language=en_US
• Havert L. Fenn Center, 2000 Virginia Avenue, Ft. Pierce open 7 days a week 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Coming Soon: Highlands County Regeneron Clinic (Garner) – R, 4509 George Blvd, Sebring.
• Westgate Park, 3691 Oswego Ave., West Palm Beach open, 7 days a week 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Participants must have a COVID-19 diagnosis prior to arrival for less than 10 days.
Individual Treatment Sites may be found at this link: https://locator.infusioncenter.org/?utm_source=floridahealth.gov&utm_medium=referral&ut m_campaign=covid-19&utm_term=monoclonal+antibody+treatments+available+florida+2021&utm_content=tren ding_topics
If the caller does not have internet access, they can go to the Okeechobee County Library or call the library at 863-763-3536.