Nationwide, millions of American citizens have already voted in the 2020 general election, with nearly twice as many people voting early as in the 2016 election.
The polls open at 7 a.m. and closed at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 3, for the general election. Those in line at 7 p.m. will be allowed to vote.
For information on polling locations:
• In Okeechobee County, go online to voteokeechobee.com or call 863-763-4014.
• In Glades County, go online to voteglades.com or call 863-946-6005.
• In Hendry County, go onine to hendryelections.org or call 863-902-3393 or 863-902-3392.
• In Palm Beach County, go online to www.pbcelections.org or call 561-656-6200.
• In Martin County, go online to www.martinvotes.com or call 772-288-5637.
Around the lake, many voters have already cast their ballots.
In Okeechobee County, 51% of the county’s 22,379 registered voters have already cast their ballots.
In Glades County, 41% of the county’s 7,106 registered voters have already voted.
In Hendry County 52% of the 19,057 registered voters took advantage of early voting. Due to security reasons, the Supervisor of Elections Office has removed the outside drop box for “vote by mail” (absentee) ballots from the courthouse parking lot. There are still drop boxes inside each Supervisor of Elections office. The LaBelle office is at 25 E. Hickpochee Avenue. The Clewiston office is at 1100 S. Olympia Street, Suite 504.
In Palm Beach County 60% of the 1,019,884 registered voters voted early.
In Martin County, 69% of the county’s 118,467 registered voters have already voted.