OKEECHOBEE – Construction continues on the first phase of the Okeechobee County Jail expansion and renovation project.
At the Aug. 25 meeting of the Okeechobee County Commission, Paul Fernandez with Ajax Building Company presented an update to the Okeechobee County Commission.
According to information shared at the meeting:
• Building B interior masonry walls are approximately 63% complete.
• Building B exterior masonry walls are approximately 86% complete.
• Pre-engineered metal building south wall elevation is waiting on concrete tie beam and masonry work to complete.
• Mechanical ductwork is currently being installed.
• Modula cell plumbing and electrical connection work is ongoing.
• Sprinkler pipe rough-in work is scheduled to begin.
• Skylight metal framing and drywall work began on Aug. 17.
• Site underground utility work is scheduled to begin as soon as DPO structures arrive to the site.
• Building-G masonry is now 100% complete, waiting on concrete tie bean completion for steel work to begin.
• The company continues to refine the schedule and incorporate the sheriff’s department requirements into the schedule.
• Ajax continues to administer the Owner Direct Purchase Order Process to generate all tax savings possible.
• Ajax is working to finalize the best pricing options for the phase 1B (Unit D, kitchen) scope of work.