OKEECHOBEE -- An update on the COVID-19 pandemic and vaccination efforts tops the regular agenda for the Thursday, March 25 of the Okeechobee County Commissioners. Commissioners will hear from the Public Safety Director and the Okeechobee County Health Department.
The meeting, which starts at 9 a.m. will be held in the Historic Okeechobee County Courthouse. It can also be viewed live online at https://www.co.okeechobee.fl.us/
Also on the agenda for the March 25 meeting:
• The board will consider authorizing the airport manager to submit a grant application for the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSA) funding.
• The board will review and review and discuss the Fixed Based Operator Rates and Charges fee schedule for aircraft parking, ramp usage, after hours, after hours, and overnight callout services, and provide staff direction.
• Commissioners receive an overview of current combined financial update for fiscal year 2020/21 through February, 2021.
• Commissioners appoint to the Construction Industry Licensing Board one regular member to a term that expires March 1, 2023 and one regular member to a term that expires March 1, 2022.
• Commissioners will confirm the Public Service Evaluation Committee (PSEC) ranking of firms that responded to Request for Qualifications (RFQ) 2020-14 for Professional Design/Engineer and Construction Services for the Proposed Okeechobee County Sports Complex Splash Pad, and authorize the Interim County Administrator and/or his designee to begin negotiations with Aqua Design Systems, Inc.
• Commissioners will review an amendment to the Independent Contractor’s Agreement between Mid-State Mechanical of Vero Beach, Inc. and Okeechobee County for the Judicial Center Chiller Replacement.
• Commissioners will be asked to approve a compensation in pay of 5% for the Interim County Administrator for the duration of his current assigned position of Interim County Administrator.
• Commissioners will consider submission of the E-911 Rural County Grant Program for maintenance of the County PSAP in the amount of $4,492.22, with a term from June 1, 2021 to Dec. 14, 2021.
• Commissioners will review Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between Okeechobee County and Local 2918 of the International Association of Firefighters collectively agreeing to certain criteria for promotional examination testing for Calendar Year 2021.