OKEECHOBEE – At their July 22 meeting, Okeechobee County Commissioners will consider a request by Big Cedar, LLC, (the resort arm of Bass Pro) for another extension to their contract . Bass Pro plans to turn the Okee-Tantie Recreation Area into a world class fishing resort. They are waiting on approval from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, as their planned design includes a second marina which would be exclusive to resort guests.
Items on the agenda will include:
• A request to use the C. Scott Driver recreation areas for a special event;
• Quarterly report from the Okeechobee County Economic Development Corporation;
• Tentative schedule for the infrastructure sales tax referendum;
• Renewal of the restaurant lease at the county airport;
• Assessment for street lighting at Oak Lake Estates;
• Preliminary discussion of the fire/rescue assessment;
• Preliminary discussion of the Emergency Medical Service assessment;
• Preliminary discussion of the solid waste collection and disposal assessments;
• Discussion of minimum road standards for residential access.
The meeting will start at 9 a.m. and will be held in the Historic Okeechobee County Courthouse, 304 N.W. Second Street.