OKEECHOBEE COUNTY — The following column is the Road Watch report for Okeechobee County for the week beginning Sunday, May 23, provided by the Florida Department of Transportation.
As a reminder, travelers can visit www.FL511.com or dial “511” from their phone to learn about traffic conditions on major roadways across the state.
Motorists are reminded to wear safety belts and drive with caution, courtesy, common sense, and patience as they travel through work zones. Remember, speeding fines are doubled in work zones.
• US 98/441 (SR 15/700) at SE 18th Terrace: Construction project: Crews will reconstruct the intersection at US 98/441 (SR 15/700) and SE 18th Terrace to a roundabout. Additional work includes resurfacing US 98/441 (SR 15/700) and 18th Terrace, improving drainage along US 98/441 (SR 15/700), installing streetlights along US 98/441 (SR 15/700), installing curb and gutter, signage and pavement markers. Daytime and nighttime lane closures may occur during construction on US 98/441 (SR 15/700) on US 98/441 (SR 15/700) and 18th Terrace Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. to 6 a.m., weather permitting.
○ The connection to SE 18th Terrace at US 441/98 is open. Motorists will be directed to the newly constructed roundabout.
Please use caution in the area and watch for workers in the construction zone. Estimated completion is summer 2021. The contractor is CWR Contracting, Inc.
• US 441 between canal 59 and 66th Avenue: Maintenance permit project: Crews are constructing a new pumping station including a new driveway connection to US 441. Watch for workers close to the roadway with shoulder closures. Watch for trucks and equipment entering and leaving the roadway.
• US 441 at NE Ninth Street: Construction project: Crews are installing new traffic signals, signage, and lighting at the intersection. This week, the contractor will working on the curb and ramps. The contractor is Ajax Paving Industries of Florida, LLC. Expected completion is spring 2021, weather permitting.
• US 441 at Second Street: Utility permit project: Crews are working in the manholes between southeast Second Street and southwest Park Street. Watch for a nighttime right lane closure and workers in the roadway.