• Okeechobee Main Street is kicking off our 2021 Mixers with the grand opening of Okeechobee Main Street’s new office at 111 N.E. Second Street. There will be a ribbon cutting by the Chamber of Commerce on Thursday, Feb. 18 at 5 p.m. You will be able to tour our new Arts & Culture Alliance Art Center. We will also be introducing our new Executive Director, Faith Nielson. Pre-packaged refreshments will be available, as well as a variety of beverages. COVID guidelines will be followed, masks must be worn and precautions for social distancing will be encouraged. OKMS is seeking volunteers for the Speckled Perch Festival.
• On Jan. 23, the Arts & Culture Alliance hosted an Artist’s Open House for local artists. Three sessions were available and we were pleased to have 33 artists attending throughout the day.
• Speckled Perch Festival will be held on Saturday, March 13 and Sunday, March 14 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The Speckled Perch Parade will begin at 10 a.m. Festivities will include arts and crafts, handcrafted goods, vendors, activities, music and food. Vendor and parade applications are available at www.okeechobeemainstreet.org or at the OKMS office. OKMS will be practicing all COVID-19 safety measures in order to provide a safe environment.
• The Cattle Drive Sculpture Project is progressing. There is still time to donate to the project at gofundme or www.okeechobeemainstreet.org.
• OKMS is seeking volunteers for the Arts & Culture Art Center. Contact OKMS to discover the many ways you can volunteer.
For information, call 863-357-6246, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit: https://www.okeechobeemainstreet.org/