OKEECHOBEE — The Florida Department of Health in Okeechobee County will be offering Moderna COVID-19 vaccines on Wednesday, Feb. 24, at the Okeechobee Agri-Civic Center (4601 S.R. 710 East) for eligible recipients according to state guidelines (individuals 65 years of age or older or direct health care workers).
The Department of Health in Okeechobee anticipates 500 doses of Moderna COVID-19 vaccine will be available for this distribution based on APPOINTMENTS ONLY registered through the new Florida Registration System only.
• APPOINTMENTS WILL BE REQUIRED. To pre-register go to myvaccine.fl.gov or by calling 866-201-1060. You will be contacted when an appointment becomes available.
• This will be a DRIVE THROUGH event where participants will remain in their vehicles at all times.
• Please enter through the gates on State Road 710.
• Proof of Florida residency is required. Go to http://okeechobee.floridahealth.gov/programs-and-services/covid.html for residency documentation requirements.
• Staff at the Okeechobee County Library are available to assist with registering for an appointment, pre-checking residency documentation, assisting with consent forms, or other appointment related questions by calling 863-763-3536.
This distribution is for first dose vaccinations only. Anyone needing a second dose of Moderna COVID-19 vaccine will be receiving a call to schedule an appointment for their second dose if they received their first dose from the Florida Department of Health in Okeechobee County. This call will be made when the second dose is provided to the Florida Department of Health in Okeechobee County.
Okeechobee County continues to work closely with Department of Health officials to offer any support and resources necessary to ensure the community needs can be met. All questions regarding proof of Florida residency should be directed to the Florida Department of Health in Okeechobee County at 863-462-5800. Florida’s COVID-19 Call Center available 24/7 at 866-779-6121 or email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org.