The filing deadline for Property Tax Exemptoins is March 1, 2023. This includes Agricultural renewals (green cards) and other exemption renewals (yellow cards).
• Homestead Exemption,
• Disabled Veterans Homestead Property Tax Discount,
• $5,000 Widow's Exemption.
• $5,000 Disability Exemption.
• $5,000 Disabled Veteran Exemption,
• $5,000 Exemption for Blind Persons,
• Total and Permanent Disabled First Responder Exemption,
• Service-connected Total and Permanent Disability Exemption,
• Exemption for Totally and Permanently Disabled Persons,
• Local Option Homestead Exemption for Persons 65 and Older,
• Deployed Military Exemption.
• Religious, Literary, Scientific or Chartitable Exemption,
• Charter School Facilities Exemption,
• Hospitals, Nursing Homes and Homes for Special Services.
More information about available exemptions is available online at www.okeechobeepa.com.
If you have any questions regarding exemptions, contact:
• Okeechobee County Property Appraiser's Office at 863-763-4422;
• Hendry County Property Appraiser's Office at 863-675-5270;
• Glades County Property Appraiser's Office at 863-946-6025;
• Palm Beach County Property Appraiser's Office at 561-355-3230.