Two arrested in shooting incident

Posted 1/17/23

On January 16, 2023,   Road Patrol Deputies Responded to the 300 Block of NW 32nd Avenue, after multiple 911 calls were received through Dispatch referencing shots In the …

This story requires a subscription for $5.99/month.
Already a subscriber? Log in to continue. Otherwise, click here to subscribe.

Please log in to continue

Log in
I am anchor

Two arrested in shooting incident


OKEECHOBEE — On Jan. 16, 2023,  Okeechobee County Sheriff's Office Road Patrol Deputies responded to the 300 Block of NW 32nd Avenue, after multiple 911 calls were received through dispatch referencing shots in the area, and a crashed motor vehicle. 

When deputies arrived on scene and located the crashed motor vehicle,  it was inoperable and stuck on the concrete foundation of a mailbox. Multiple witnesses gave a description of a male wearing white sweatpants and a black sweatshirt fleeing the scene with a firearm, and a second male wearing gray sweatpants and a red sweatshirt also fleeing the scene. The responding deputies were able to locate and detain the subjects. The firearm used in the shooting was also located by deputies. At this time,  members of our Criminal Investigations Division (CID) were called to the scene to assist, and the suspects were taken to the CID office to be interviewed. 

While detectives were still on the scene,  dispatch  received a call from others who were involved in the incident. While interviewing these subjects , a video of the incident was obtained.   

After reviewing the video, and after interviewing all subjects involved,  Aaren Gancerez, 19, and Florencio Salazar Rangel, 16, were arrested and transported to the Okeechobee County Jail. 

Aaren Gancerez was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon,  discharging a firearm in public or residential property,  discharging a firearm from a vehicle  and contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Gancerez is still currently incarcerated at the Okeechobee County Jail. 

 Florencio Salazar Rangel was charged with tampering with evidence, and accessory after the fact. Florencio was turned over to the Department of Juvenile Justice. 

This is considered an isolated incident, and no threat to the public. 

OCSO, arrest