OKEECHOBEE — The Big O Teen Anglers held their April tournament on Saturday, April 29, out of Okeetantie with 22 anglers participating. It was a great day of fishing with most anglers catching at least one bass. There were 63 bass weighing a total of 99.80 pounds with only one dead. The largest bass caught was in the 14-19 age group at 4.54 pounds by Kobey Hare. Great job this month Kobey!
This month’s standings were as follows:
9-13 Age Group
• First place - Raylan Ferrell with 9.13 lbs.;
• Second place - Kylar Koedam with 7.96 lbs.;
• Third place - Evan Cote with 4.98 lbs.;
• Big Fish - Baylee Stephens with 2.38 lbs.
14-19 Age Group
• First place - Tanner Seabolt with 14.20 lbs.;
• Second place - Kobey Hare with 11.33 lbs. & a BF 4.54 lbs.;
• Third place - Katelynn Straight with 11.09 lbs.
Every month boat captains volunteer their Saturday morning to help the youth anglers. Thanks go to: Raul Martinez, David Straight, Terry Seabolt, Jamie Stephens, Scott LaFave, Pat Cote, Kyle Powers, Adam Crum, Billy Ellerbee and Jim Newell.
A big “thank you” also goes out to the community for the tremendous support shown to the youth anglers at recent fundraising events held at Okeechobee Fishing Headquarters Customer Appreciation Day, FLW Tournament, LOAA Airboat & Buggy Show, and most recently a car wash at Garrard’s Bait & Tackle. Without community support, this club would not be able to bring local youth to the love of fishing.
If you know a youth angler between the ages of nine to 19 who loves fishing or is interested in learning a new sport, please reach out to Danielle at 561-436-8491 or email@example.com.