OKEECHOBEE — The Big O Teen Anglers held their Mid-Year Classic Tournament on May 21 and 22 at Okee-Tantie with 23 youth anglers participating both days.
There were 36 bass weighed in Saturday with a total weight of 70.75 pounds and 34 weighed in on Sunday with a total weight of 57.29 pounds. The largest bass caught in the 9-13 age group was 5.46 pounds caught by Chase Stinson and in the 14-19 age group was 4.33 pounds caught by Tanner Seabolt.
This month’s standings were as follows:
9-13 Age Group
• Lane Whidden placed first with 18.50 pounds;
• Chase Stinson placed second with 16.28 pounds and the Big Fish weighing 5.46 pounds; and,
• Conner Stinson placed third with 9.96 pounds.
14-19 Age Group
• Tanner Seabolt placed first with 14.10 pounds and the Big Fish weighing 4.33 pounds;
• Taylor McQuade placed second with 9.51 pounds; and,
• Jayson Wells placed third with 7.53 pounds.
Every month boat captains volunteer their time to the youth anglers. The anglers thank the following: Terry Seabolt, Billy Ellerbee, Kim Ellerbee, Scott LaFave, Marc Williams, Herman Parker, Jamie Stephens, Raul Martinez, Patrick Cote, Jerry Brown, David Deihl, Justin Whidden, Chad Ellerbee and Bill Hawkins.
If you have a youth angler between the ages of 9-19 that loves fishing or wants to learn a new sport, please reach out to Danielle at 561-436-8491 or firstname.lastname@example.org.