OKEECHOBEE — The Big O Teen Anglers held their July tournament on Saturday, July 30, out of Okee-Tantie with 19 anglers participating. Thirty bass weighed in with a total weight of 52.38 pounds. The largest bass caught in the 9-13 age group was 4.83 pounds caught by Baylee Stephen and in the 14-19 age group was 3.01 pounds caught by Jayson Wells.
This month’s standings for April were as follows:
9-13 Age Group
• First place went to Lane Whidden with 7.50 pounds.
• Second place went to Waylon McLean with 5.64 pounds.
• Third place went to Baylee Stephens with 4.83 pounds. He also won the Big Fish award, with a bass weighing in at 4.83 pounds.
14-19 Age Group
• First place went to Tanner Seabolt with 6.30 pounds.
• Second place went to Jayson Wells with 6.02 pounds. He also won the Big Fish award, with a bass weighing in at 3.01 pounds.
• Third place went to Dominic Steinmetz with 4.22 pounds.
Every month the anglers have boat captains who volunteer their Saturday morning to the youth anglers. Thanks go to Terry Seabolt, Marc Williams, Adam Crum, Jamie Stephens, Kim LaFave, Scott LaFave, Raul Martinez, Billy Ellerbee, Justin Whidden and David Straight.
If you know a youth angler between the ages of 9-19 that loves fishing or is interested in learning a new sport, please reach out to Danielle at 561-436-8491 or firstname.lastname@example.org for the 2023 season.