• The Chamber is excited to invite you to attend our upcoming ribbon cutting on Aug. 11 at noon at the business of Hoskins, Turco, Lloyd & Lloyd. Due to their new office opening last year in the middle of the pandemic, there was not an opportunity for us to help them officially celebrate. The office was previously by appointment only and they are pleased to announce that their office is now fully open to the public. As a new business in town, they would like to invite you to join in their ribbon cutting celebration on Aug. 11 at noon at 1910 South Parrott Avenue. Light refreshments will be available. Don’t miss out on welcoming them to our business community and get in on that photo opportunity.
• The Chamber of Commerce and Okeechobee Main Street are excited to announce that SBDC is offering Better Business classes to all of our local businesses. The total cost for all Better Business classes is only $15. You can attend one or all classes for the $15. However, you must pre-register for each class so that the instructor will be aware of how many will be in each session. You will be able to register at www.okeechobeebusiness.com. The classes will be scrolling on the left side of the page. Click on the class or classes and register. Payment can be made by credit card online.
Please see the schedule below for dates and times. Classes will be held at IRSC, Williamson Center, Room C-112.
The SBDC Better Business program provides business counseling, technical assistance and training for small business owners and merchants. The purpose of the Better Business program is to enhance business and entrepreneurial skills, create jobs and assist in the expansion and growth of our existing business community.
• Tuesday, Sept. 21 - Introduction to Internet Marketing;
• Thursday, Sept. 23 - Financial Literacy (Capital Access, Record Keeping, Etc.);
• Tuesday, Sept. 28 - Time Matters;
• Thursday, Sept. 30 - Understanding Sales and Marketing;
• Tuesday, Oct. 5 - Social Media in Today’s Changing Environment.
• Chamber Business of the Year Awards dinner — Grab your partner and plan to attend the Business of the Year Awards on Saturday, Oct. 23 from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Downtown Venue. Yes, you read that correctly, the actual 2021 Business of the Year Awards Presentation will be held that evening. The BOYA event has been transitioned from an annual luncheon to an evening event with networking, great food, a chance to dress up, and a ton of surprises along the way! Tickets go on sale Aug. 16. Mark your calendars now and be ready to reserve your table when the tickets go on sale. No tickets will be sold at the door, so make sure to get yours early. Seating will be limited.
• Only two sponsorships are still available, please call the Chamber at 863-467-6246 for all the details. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to showcase your business in front of the Okeechobee Business Community.
Currently our Gold Sponsor is SouthState Bank, our Silver Sponsor is Treasure Coast Hospice and 3 of our Burgundy Sponsors are MID-FLORIDA, Mixon Real Estate, and Badcock Home Furniture & More. Thank you to each of them for their continued support.