The following column is the Road Watch report for Collier County for the week beginning Sunday, Sept. 19, provided by the Florida Department of Transportation.
As a reminder, travelers can visit www.FL511.com or dial “511” from their phone to learn about traffic conditions on major roadways across the state.
Motorists are reminded to wear safety belts and drive with caution, courtesy, common sense, and patience as they travel through work zones. Remember, speeding fines are doubled in work zones.
• I-75 from County Road 951 to County Road 839: (Maintenance contract project) Motorists should expect intermittent northbound and southbound lane closures at various locations during nighttime/overnight hours from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. on Monday, September 20 through Friday, September 24, while crews survey bridges, weather permitting. Motorists should use caution as crews work in the roadway.
• US 41/Tamiami Trail from Commercial Boulevard to Davis Boulevard: (Maintenance permit project) Motorists should expect intermittent northbound and southbound lane closures during nighttime/overnight hours from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. while crews locate utilities, weather permitting. Motorists should use caution traveling through this area.
• US 41/Tamiami Trail at Lake Shore Drive: (Construction project) Crews are improving drainage on US 41 near Lake Shore Drive. Motorists should expect the outside northbound closed for the duration of the improvements. This week, crews will be preparing to install lane striping next week. The contractor is Ajax Paving Industries of Florida, LLC. Expected completion is fall 2021.
• SR 951 at the Judge Jolley Bridge: (Construction project) Crews will be painting the steel underside of the Judge Jolley Bridge and conducting other necessary repairs to the structure. Motorists should expect northbound lane closures during nighttime/overnight hours from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. while crews perform maintenance on the bridge, weather permitting. Motorists should expect delays and use caution while traveling in this area. Estimated project completion is end of 2022. The contractor is Seacoast, Inc.
• SR 82 from Gator Slough Lane to SR 29: (Construction project) Crews are working to widen SR 82 from Gator Slough Lane to SR 29 from a two-lane undivided highway to a four-lane divided roadway, while allowing for a future six-lane roadway.
○ Motorists should expect intermittent lane closures through the duration of the project during nighttime/overnight hours from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
○ The temporary signal at SR 82 and SR 29 has been removed to allow crews to continue the construction of the roundabout. Motorists travelling eastbound on SR 82 will continue to have a stop condition (stop sign) at the intersection.
○ The northbound and southbound traffic on SR 29 at SR 82 has been shifted west onto the newly constructed roadway to allow crews to build the lanes on the east side.