By Florida Highway Patrol
The holidays are here, so as we visit with friends and family, near and far, please remember to check your safe holiday driving list twice!
• Check your tires and ensure your vehicle is in good working condition.
• Be well rested; Nodding off behind the wheel is very dangerous.
• Drive sober, make your plans ahead of time to stay, call a ride share or establish a designated driver.
• Slow down; Florida is a state of nearly 22 million residents and millions more of seasonal residents and visitors from around the world. Having patience and good temperament is always in season.
• Put your phones down; Safe, responsible drivers always have two hands on the wheel, two eyes on the road, and their mind on driving.
• Buckle up; It is the law, and it potentially could save your life.
• Look twice for motorcycles, and travel with caution because bicyclists and pedestrians will be enjoying the Florida sunshine as well.
• Enjoy your families; Just do so responsibly.
On behalf of the men and women of the Florida Highway Patrol, we wish everyone a safe holiday weekend and a very Merry Christmas!