Hendry County officials have been notified by the Florida Department of Health (DOH) that a resident of Hendry County has tested positive for COVID-19.
The safety and wellbeing of Hendry County residents remains the highest priority and Hendry County officials strongly urge residents to continue following the guidance provided by the CDC and DOH in order to slow the spread of COVID-19:
· Stay home as much as possible
· Wash your hands often with soap and water
· Cover your coughs and sneezes
· Clean and disinfect surfaces often
· If you are sick, call your medical provider or local health department
Hendry County will continue sending out updated information as it becomes available.
More information about COVID-19 cases in Florida can be found on the DOH website - https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/ For local information regarding COVID-19, please go to www.preparehendry.com and follow Hendry County Emergency Management on Facebook www.facebook.com/hendrycountyemergencymanagement/ .