The following individuals were arrested on felony or driving under the influence (DUI) charges by the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office (PBSO), the Florida Highway Patrol (FHP), the Florida Fish and Wildlife.
• Amado Leonorellana, 76, Southeast Avenue F, Belle Glade, was arrested by PBSO Sept. 19 and charged with lewd or lascivious molestation against a victim less than 12 years of age by offender 18 years of age or older. Bond was set at $75,000.
• Shineaka Newkirk, 44, Southeast Fourth Street, Belle Glade, was arrested by PBSO Sept. 20 and charged with driving while license suspended habitual offender. Bond was set at $3,000.
• Gerfride Previllon, 21, Southwest Eighth Street, Belle Glade, was arrested by PBSO Sept. 22 and charged with felony charge of failure to appear. Bond was not set.
• Theresa Bent, 54, Parkview Court, Pahokee, was arrested by PBSO and charged with two counts of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon, crimes against person - corruption by either threatening or unlawfully harming a public servant or their family, and resisting officer without violence. Bond was set at $12,500.
• Luis Torres, 53, Pelican Lake Drive, Pahokee, was arrested Sept. 23 by PBSO and charged with cocaine possession with intent to sell, manufacture or deliver etc Schedule II, and synthetic narcotic possession with intent to sell, manufacture or deliver Schedule I or II. Bond was set at $10,000.
This column lists arrests and not convictions, unless otherwise stated. Anyone listed here who is later found not guilty or has had the charges against them dropped is welcome to inform this newspaper. The information will be confirmed and printed. Information for this column came from pbso.org.