CLEWISTON – All aboard! It’s time for The Santa Express to once again bring toys and holiday cheer to families across Glades, Highlands, Hendry, Palm Beach and Martin counties. Saturday, Dec. 3 will be merry and bright when Santa rides in on the Sugar Express, powered by historic steam engine No. 148.
Santa is coming to town and stopping at four locations including Belle Glade, Clewiston, Moore Haven and Lake Placid. Children will light up with the magic of Christmas as they visit Santa and drop off letters, which he will take back with him to the North Pole.
This annual event is in partnership with the United States Marine Corps and Toys for Tots. It will be the most wonderful time of the year for many of these families when the people of U.S. Sugar deliver thousands of toys to South Florida children across South Florida’s sugarcane and farming region.
While Comet, Cupid, Donner and the rest of the reindeer take a break at home, families are encouraged to come out to see Kris Kringle and the Santa Express.
the Sugar Express Santa Train will deliver gifts to Toys for Tots programs on Saturday, Dec. 3:
• Belle Glade arriving at 7:30 a.m., departing at 8:45 a.m.;
• Clewiston, arriving at 9:50 a.m., departing 11 a.m.;
• Moore Haven, arriving at noon, departing at 12:45 p.m.
• Lake Placid, arriving at 2:15 p.m., departing at 3:30 p.m.
Here are a few tips on how you can safely enjoy the sights and sounds of the Sugar Express Santa Train:
• Always expect a train on any track, from any direction, at any time.
• Stand at least 25 feet back from the railroad tracks at all times when the train is in motion.
• Never walk on railroad tracks.
• Observe all traffic laws and posted speed limits.
•Hearing protection for children 12-and-under is recommended.
For maps of stops and more information, go online to sugarexpress.com.